Pages

11 July 2016

What have I been up to ?

Hi Everyone

We are in the throes of Winter in South Africa but yesterday was a beautiful, warm kind of day (we call those "berg wind" days). A lot of people, especially the men, were walking around in sandals, shorts and t-shirts!  I wasn't that brave... lol!

I thought I would share what I've been up to lately.  Here are a few cards and other things that have been taking up my spare time.



Apologies if they are a bit blurry, but I've just copied them from my Instagram account. You're welcome to follow me there.

I just love the LOTV pre-coloured Artpads, which I am so sorry to hear, they do not sell anymore.

Fortunately I still have a few artpads left. 
They are so nice to have when making quick and simple cards.

Here are some I made in May for Mother's Day. 

I used double sided foam tape underneath the sentiment and the pic to make them pop.
I placed this on top of a beautifully embossed card, kindly embossed for me by my
craft friend Moz.  
I cut this out using the a beautiful stitched die which is new and purchased from a local store
The Purple Magnolia.  Marie Smith is the owner.

A few more cards that I made using the stitched die frames.


I've also been helping my DD complete her poncho which she started last year.
It's going very s-l-o-w-l-y, but I'm sure we'll complete it one day.


I've was asked to make some birthday tags for a Mom who has school-going kiddies.
There are about 10 and more birthdays that these children get invited to and
she needed some little tags to adhere to the gifts, so I made her some of these.

Just a close up. They are so easy to make. The internet is full of lovely
free images to print and if you have scalloped dies or any other shaped die, you
can churn these out in no time.  I punched a hole and used an eyelet to thread the
cord through.


These are just a few of the cards I have been making whilst taking a rest from blogging. I'll share some of my other passions with you in another post.

If you have the time to comment, please do so, as I'd love to make contact again.

Cheerio
Sharon


2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Sharon! It really is a pity that people aren't commenting on blogs the way they/we used to. Everyone must find it so much more convenient to give kudos on social media. So how have you been? Do you remember me? I'm the one you stamped some images for a couple years back but I never got them. That was a bummer but my Magnolia stamp collection has grown quite large since those days. I see you crochet. I do as well. BTW, Love all of the cards in your previous post.

Laura C.

Petra Swart said...

Oh, what a joy to see some of your lovely card, again, Sharon!!!! And you have been busy, hey!!!!! ...lots of cards and some tags as well!!! All so beautifully done!!!! So nice to see that you are busy with cards again - I've missed all your lovely creations!!!
Hugz